Thirty-day national rolling search trends for cataract, glaucoma, and LASIK showed movement this week but with very interesting procedure and state-by-state differences in consumer behavior.
- Cataract-related Google searches continued to fall (Chart 1) on a national scale.
- Glaucoma and glaucoma surgery-related searches started to rise nationally in the past week (Chart 1) while LASIK-searches flattened out on a national scale but continued to rise in select states.
- Florida (Charts 2 and 3) provides a good snapshot for state-specific changes in consumer behavior and sentiment. Glaucoma treatment searches increased by 96% over April levels in Florida.
- While LASIK searches in Florida increased by 43% over April levels, “Lasik Plus” searches increased by 464% compared to April which indicates a market response to brand promotion.
- Florida numbers in the first week of May demonstrate that LASIK practices should be active in the market as consumers are ready to engage.