New Event to Premiere January 10th; Bringing Together Leading Physicians, Industry and Innovators in Aesthetics Technology Summit (ATS)
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., January 7, 2020 – Octane, Orange County’s technology and life sciences accelerator organization, today announced the premiere of its signature event series Aesthetics Technology Summit (ATS). The first of this series is set to be held on January 10th at the Balboa Bay Resort.
The Aesthetics Technology Summit will bring together leading physicians, industry and entrepreneurs to discuss ground-breaking medical aesthetic technologies as well as unmet clinical needs and new business opportunities. Leaders in the aesthetics field will gather to examine how to fuel innovation in the medical aesthetic industry in Southern California.
Participating companies include Allergan, Evolus, Google Health and Facebook Health, among many others. The conference will kick off with a keynote panel featuring Brent Saunders, Chairman, President & CEO, Allergan and Yassaman Salas, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs. The entire conference will be moderated by Dr. Kamakshi R. Zeidler, Founder and Managing Partner, of AESTHETX, the premier plastic surgery and dermatology practice in Silicon Valley, California.
Another component of ATS will be an Octane Signature Event staple: LaunchPad Company Presentations. By using a unique predictive analytics process to position companies and their underlying business models, LaunchPad helps organizations make effective presentations to investors. Since 2011, the LaunchPad SBDC panel process has reviewed over 571 companies. Of these, 86 percent have received funding, and 88 percent of those receiving funding remain operational. Since inception, LaunchPad has successfully raised more than $2.3 billion in investment capital, which has produced more than 10,000 jobs. The five LaunchPad companies presenting at ATS include:
- Cyprus Medical: develops and commercializes medical devices that make plastic surgery less invasive.
- Dominion: a company focused on the invention, development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of body contouring using laser based technologies.
- Innoture Medical Technologies: redefining dermal drug delivery through its proprietary 3D Printed Microneedle technology.
- PatientFi: offers medical providers a next generation point-of-care financing platform that helps make aesthetic procedures more affordable for patients.
- TeVido: making life changing pigment cell transplants,to restore lost skin color to normal, available to doctors and their patients who need them.
A sixth company, BioPhotas will also be presenting their success story.
Upcoming Octane events include Tech Innovation Forum May 11-12 at AV Irvine and the Ophthalmology Technology Summit, taking place June 26, 2020 at the Fashion Island Hotel.
Octane convenes and enables the Southern California technology and medical technology business ecosystem by connecting people, resources and capital. Our goal is to create 55,000+ high-value technology jobs in Southern California by 2030. We impact our community through LaunchPad, an industry leading accelerator, Enterprise Solutions, a new platform to provide companies capital and growth resources to accelerate job creation, Signature Events & Programs, and direct access to capital. octaneoc.org