As part of our feature series on the LaunchPad Presenting Companies of the Aesthetics Technology Summit, we recently talked to CEO of Innoture, Ken Jones. Innoture was founded in 2011 in the United Kingdom and is currently establishing their presence in the aesthetics market. Continue reading to hear more about Innoture’s innovations in 3D printed microneedle treatments, and their plans for the future at ATS 2020.
What does Innoture do?
Innoture is redefining dermal drug delivery through its proprietary 3D Printed Microneedle technology. Founded in 2011 in the UK, Innoture is privately owned and funded. Innoture has developed a patented method of producing microneedle patches by lithographic deposition of polymers (commonly referred to as 3D printing), developed through the adaptation of existing polymer and microprocessor technologies. The company’s first product utilising its Microneedle technology, RadaraTM, was launched in the UK medical aesthetics market in 2016. RadaraTM is a unique “micro-channelling skincare regimen” that delivers its Hyaluronic Acid (HA) serum deep into the lower layers of the skin to rejuvenate the skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles (crow’s feet) with luminous and long-lasting effect. The success of RadaraTM was recognised in 2016 & 2017 winning awards in several industry events.
How did you start and what drove you to create the company?Innoture was founded in 2011 by Ben Fisher and I joined Innoture in late 2016 when I was brought in to exploit and develop the technology for Medical Aesthetic and Pharmaceutical applications. I was motivated to be CEO of Innoture because I believe its microneedle patch technology has the ability to be a game changer across multiple markets whilst ensuring enhanced patient outcomes.
- Aesthetic market –to treat crow’s feet, tear trough, perioral lines, décolletage, scarring, pigmentation
- Pharmaceutical market – pain relief, dermatology. Had Positive P1 Data in Anesthesia for Lead Pharmaceutical Candidate
How do you see your company being part of the medical Aesthetic industry in the future?
- We believe that our microneedle patch technology can be further utilised in the medical Aesthetic industry to improve the effect of treatments in clinic and at home, to delivery better clinical results. They can greatly enhance the delivery, effectiveness and choice of commonly used active pharmaceutical ingredients within transdermal technologies for various skin conditions. We are actively discussing with partners on how to best exploit their library of formulations with Innoture Microneedle patches.
- The medical aesthetics industry is recognised as a centre of excellence and innovation and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR from 2019 to 2030; this reflects our own values in terms of innovation and growth
- As an industry where, total health is very much on the agenda, Innoture believe that our technology in existing and future products will be fully aligned with existing and future needs in managing and maintaining total health.
- Quote: ‘I remember launching Botox in the UK when I was General Manager of the affiliate and the impact it had on the medical aesthetic community. I believe RadaraTM has similar potential to create new market of untapped customers seeking highly effective, non-invasive skin rejuvenation products for various conditions.
How did you get involved with Launch Pad and OCTANe?
I was introduced to OCTANe by Greg Brooks, a former colleague of mine when we worked together at Allergan. It has been a very challenging process and great experience. It was a lot more work than I initially anticipated and the panel of experts were invaluable in assisting us in improving our pitch deck. Highly recommend it.
What opportunities excite you the most about presenting at ATS 2020?
The opportunity to showcase our technology and RadaraTM is very exciting. I hope by presenting my personal belief and excitement in our technology, that it spreads and excites other companies to want to collaborate and develop new products.
Let Us Know What You Thought about this Post.
Put your Comment Below.