ALISO VIEJO, Calif., May 2, 2019 – OCTANe, Orange County’s technology and life sciences accelerator organization, today announced the continued growth of its signature event, Technology Innovation Forum (TIF). Themed Evolve, this year’s conference will take place at the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa from May 13 to 14.
TIF will set the stage for technological innovation in Southern California, featuring top executives and experts from among the leading companies in the area, including Cylance, Experian, FivePoint, Goldman Sachs and SAP. OCTANe CEO, Bill Carpou will also take the stage to announce a handful of major, new initiatives for the organization that will further demonstrate leadership by OCTANe and contribute to the ongoing growth of technology in the Southern California region.
Another component of TIF will be the OCTANe signature event staple, LaunchPad company presentations. By using a unique predictive analytics process to position companies and their underlying business models, LaunchPad helps organizations make effective presentations to investors. Since 2011, the LaunchPad SBDC panel process has reviewed over 571 companies. Of these, 86 percent have received funding, and 88% of those receiving funding remain operational. Since inception, LaunchPad has successfully raised over $2.1 billion in investment capital, which has produced over 10,290 jobs. The eight LaunchPad companies presenting at TIF include:
- Cellonyx offers AI-based software load balancing solutions for cellular congestion as cost-effective, easy-to-adopt and dynamically adjustable alternatives to the expensive, long-lead solutions currently available to mobile operators and cellular infrastructure providers.
- CLI Studios is a provider of weekly online dance classes, featuring world-renowned choreographers, that are tailored to dancers, teachers and studio owners.
- Conectric provides reliable, self-installable and massively scalable dynamic wireless mesh connectivity for wireless sensors.
- IntelliVision Entertainment is family-oriented affordable gaming system designed for ease of use and in home play together with family and friends. All games are exclusively made for the very unique control system by the top developers in the world and are all rated E for Everyone.
- Oakleaf Solutions delivers integrated Real-Time geospatial information to
enterprise and government customers via its proprietary solution,
GridMeNow™, a cloud-based Platform as a Service (PaaS) that has generated
millions in revenue over the last decade.
- SiC Technologies manufactures a patent pending aerospace grade hybrid composite brake rotor for automotive and commercial vehicles. This technology solves a major regulation costing commercial vehicles tremendous revenue, while also contributing a positive impact to the environment.
- Trackstreet is an artificial intelligence-powered software platform leveraged by some of the world’s leading brands to both protect and grow brand value.
- VolunteerCrowd creates a rich history of service hours, awards and recommendations, distinguishing students’ achievements on college, job, internship and scholarship applications.
A success story from LaunchPad, Blast will also present during TIF. Blast has created a gamification platform intended to help people micro-save and earn money while playing games. The company's platform utilizes in-game events to trigger savings, which are multiplied through interest paid on balances and dividends from missions and weekly leaderboard payouts, enabling gamers to get financial benefits as well as build incremental wealth for investors.
Upcoming OCTANe events include OCTANe’s Ophthalmology Technology Summit, taking place June 28 at the Fashion Island Hotel, and Medical Technology Innovation Forum, which will follow later in the year from October 28 to 29 at the Newport Beach Marriott.
OCTANe is building the SoCal of Tomorrow by connecting people, resources and capital to fuel technology growth in Southern California. Its members represent technology executive leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists, academicians, and strategic advisors, all working together to fuel innovation in the OC. The organization has helped more than 800 companies via the LaunchPad SBDC accelerator. LaunchPad companies have received more than $2.1 billion in investment and equity exits. OCTANe annually welcomes more than 7,000 people to its programs and events. More than 2,000 business leaders throughout the region are OCTANe members. For more information, visit www.octaneoc.org.