ALISO VIEJO, Calif., November 11, 2019 – OCTANe, Orange County’s technology and life sciences accelerator organization, today announced the continued growth of its signature event, Medical Technology Innovation Forum (MTIF), which was held on October 28-29 at the Newport Beach Hotel & Spa. The theme for this year’s conference was ‘Get Personal’.
MTIF set the stage for medical technological innovation in Southern California, featuring top executives and experts from among the leading companies in the area. Participating companies included Allergan, CHOC Children’s, City of Hope, Edwards Lifesciences, Medtronic and UCI, among many others. Bill Carpou, OCTANe CEO, also took to the stage to announce a handful of major new initiatives for the organization that will further demonstrate leadership by OCTANe and contribute to the ongoing growth of technology in the Southern California region. This includes the addition of a fifth signature event, Aesthetics Technology Summit, set to take place on January 10th at the Balboa Bay Resort.
Another component of MTIF will be the OCTANe signature event staple: LaunchPad company presentations. By using a unique predictive analytics process to position companies and their underlying business models, LaunchPad helps organizations make effective presentations to investors. Since 2011, the LaunchPad SBDC panel process has reviewed over 571 companies. Of these, 86 percent have received funding, and 88 percent of those receiving funding remain operational. Since inception, LaunchPad has successfully raised more than $2.3 billion in investment capital, which has produced more than 10,000 jobs. The seven LaunchPad companies presenting at MTIF included:
- Dianavi is a smartphone-based AI that is always actively engaged to help its user understand, manage and treat diabetes through real-time, personalized lifestyle coaching.
- IntelliStem Technologies, genetically engineered Stem cells to target cancer with higher success rate than CAR-T cells and Dendritic Cells.
- Cooler Heads provides the evidence-based products cancer patients need to manage the side effects of treatment and survivorship.
- ORGAGEN is a regenerative medicine company focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing a range of replacement organs and tissues implants.
- Cerenetex is developing a proprietary frequency-based diagnostic for the detection of neuropathologies using acoustics.
- PolyArmour is a non-invasive external fixator with published clinical results. It is a fully patented platform technology, FDA ready, fracture fixation system which eliminates infection, stiffness and surgery.
- Materacor is an interventional device and biotherapeutics to regenerate cardiac function in heart failure patients.
The winner of this year’s MTIF LaunchPad Award & People’s Choice Award of $175,000 in-kind services was IntelliStem Technologies.
Upcoming OCTANe events include Aesthetics Technology Summit taking place on January 10, 2020 at the Balboa Bay Resort, Technology Innovation Forum May 11-12 at AV Irvine and the Ophthalmology Technology Summit, taking place June 26, 2020 at the Fashion Island Hotel.
About OCTANe: OCTANe is the organization that convenes and enables the Southern California technology and medical technology business ecosystem by connecting people, resources and capital. Our goal is to create 55,000+ high-value technology jobs in Southern California by 2030. We impact our community through LaunchPad, an industry leading accelerator, Enterprise Solutions, a new platform to provide companies capital and growth resources to accelerate job creation, Signature Events & Programs, and direct access to capital. octaneoc.org